Thursday, September 4, 2008

Our Chubby Grunter

As of September 1st, Lincoln is offiically one month old. He has been a sweet little baby whose favorite pastime is grunting. Yes, those of you who have been around him know that this little guy doesn't like to keep quiet when he's awake. It's pretty funny in church actually--we like to think of it as adding a little background noise to sacrament meeting. Usually he isn't unhappy, he simply is making little grunting/grumbling sounds that are actually quite adorable in the right setting (a little embarrassing in others, i.e. a small Sunday School class when he is drawing snickers from everyone, thus diverting attention from the teacher!) I remember that Jonah used to grunt, but I don't remember it being this much. We didn't have a video camera when he was a newborn, so I can't even go back and check. But we love our little grunter
Actually, he's getting less little by the day. Lincoln weighed 7 lbs 5 oz (and was 19 in long) at birth. Like all babies, he lost a little bit of that in the hospital, and at a week old was 7 lbs 2 oz. We went to the doctor yesterday and he is now 10 lbs 3 oz, and 22 inches long. I'd say that gaining 3 pounds and growing 3 inches in less than a month was a big accomplishment! Amazingly, Jonah weighed this amount at 3 weeks! Yes, the Shirts family loves its chubby babies! Once we get this sleeping through the night thing down, life will be perfect.

Precious baby face
Do I really have to take a bath? (In reality, he loves baths--he's so relaxed he hardly grunts!)
Chillin' on Dad's lap
Gee, this bouncer is comfy!


1 comment:

Michelle said...

What a cutie! My gosh what are you feeding him? Cheeseburgers and cream? He's sOOOOO cute.